Reports To: Shop Manager
The Stockroom Assistant will receive, store, and issue parts and materials. This individual will be responsible for keeping records, compiling inventory reports and supporting the achievement of established operating objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data.
- Distribute inventory to the field.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockroom.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Label stock items and storage areas.
- Clean and maintain supplies and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, stock location based on turnover, environmental factors and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance and cover duties of other stockroom workers.
- Works closely with Purchasing, serves as backup to purchasing when necessary.
- Participate in all company training.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and safety rules. Conducts self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner as a representative of Herr and Sacco.
- Operates company vehicles/equipment in a safe and courteous manner and properly parks and secures vehicles at all times.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operate safety equipment, and use safe work habits.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend labels, dimensions, instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Basic math required to maintain inventory records.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Accounting software, Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have current drivers license to travel to various locations and job sites or be able to provide own transportation. Tow motor certification.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb to heights as necessary, balance, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving equipment, electricity, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle and enters and moves about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.