This position will program and operate tables for cutting sheet metal shapes for fabrication of stainless-steel sheet metal structures with high efficiency and minimal waste.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for material handling of raw material to be cut on the machine.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Operate overhead cranes, following safety guidelines.
- Responsibility to spot check parts being cut on the table to meet customer’s requirements.
- Required to complete any and all paperwork relating to job functions.
- Examine workpieces for defects to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Operates company vehicles/equipment in a safe and courteous manner and properly parks and secures vehicles at all times.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Participate in all company training.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules. Conduct self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner as a representative of the company.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Basic shop math. Able to read tape measure.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Basic computer knowledge as required to fulfill requirements of position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have current drivers license to travel to various locations and job sites or be able to provide own transportation. Tow Motor Certification.
This position is designated a safety-sensitive position
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb to heights as necessary, balance, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving equipment, electricity, fumes, dust, hot and cold inside and outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle and enters and moves about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.