Job Title: Industrial Facility & Equipment Maintenance Tech.
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Effective Date: 01/20/2020
Keeps machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary.
2. Inspects, operates and tests machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
3. Repairs or replaces defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassembles equipment.
4. Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines and equipment continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
5. Assembles, installs and/or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe and plumbing systems, machinery and equipment.
6. This position has a minimum requirement of at least 3 years of experience and requires knowledge, experience, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment including: 480v 3phase electric.
7. Inspects drives, motors, belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters and performs other maintenance actions, following checklists.
8. Uses tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
9. Records maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
10. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
11. Disassembles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
12. Participates in all company training.
13. Operates company vehicles/equipment in a safe and courteous manner and properly parks and secures vehicles at all times.
14. Obey traffic laws and follows established traffic and transportation procedures.
15. Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisors.
16. Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
17. Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules. Conduct self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner as a representative of Herr and Sacco.
Three years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, experience, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment including: 480v 3phase electric.
Knowledge and ability to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on equipment
Skills to troubleshoot and diagnose equipment, ability to repair, install and maintain equipment, experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
Valid Driver’s License required
Tow Motor Certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb to heights as necessary, balance, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving equipment, electricity, fumes, dust, hot and cold inside and outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle and enters and moves about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.