This position will be responsible for layout, assembly, installation, and maintaining of utility pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, industrial production and processing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works closely with Project Managers.
2. Cuts, threads and welds pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches and pipe threaders and benders.
3. Assembles and secures pipes, tubes, fittings, grooved couplings and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
4. Attaches pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as equipment, roof structures or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
5. Inspects, examines and tests installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observations or other methods.
6. Detects faulty operations of equipment and/or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
7. Operates safety equipment and uses safe work habits.
8. Recognizes, sets up and operates hand and power tools common to the industry.
9. Measures and marks pipes for cutting and threading.
10. Lays out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports and related equipment, following blueprints.
11. Plans pipe system layouts, installations or repairs, according to specifications.
12. Selects pipe sizes, types and related materials, such as; supports, hangers and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
13. Cuts and bores holes in structures, such as; bulkheads, decks, walls and mains, prior to pipe installations, using hand and power tools.
14. Modifies, cleans and maintains pipe systems, units, fittings and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
15. Operates company vehicles/equipment in a safe and courteous manner and properly parks and secures vehicles at all times.
16. Participates in all company training.
17. Follows all company policies, procedures and safety rules. Conduct self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner as a representative of the company.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Three years minimum related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Understands drawings, P&ID’s, specifications
· Knowledge of steam systems, high and low pressures
· Knowledge of chilled water systems, process systems and, pressure reducing systems and compressed air systems
· Knowledge of hydraulics
· Knowledge of sanitary piping systems (food grade)
· Knowledge of pneumatic & hydro testing
· Knowledge of condensate return piping, traps, pumps
· Must have current driver’s license to provide own transportation.
· Tow Motor Certification.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Valid driver’s license required to travel to various job sites or ability or provide own transportation for necessary job function.
· This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb to heights as necessary, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear.
- Ability to frequently enter and exit vehicles, enter and move about job sites and facilities.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
· Ability to occasionally handle moderate to loud noise levels.
- Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Occasional exposure to moving equipment
· Work both inside and outside in varying weather conditions
· Travel to on site work locations
· Noise levels may be moderate to loud at times.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.