Job Title: Estimator – Metal Fabricated Parts
Department: Nitro Cutting
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: 01/06/2020
- Prepares estimates for metal fabrication parts & assemblies in response to customer RFQ’s.
- Responsible for ensuring estimates are done on time; and if awarded, jobs are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Supports the achievement of established sales and financial objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare equipment time, cost, materials and labor estimates for metal fabrication parts & assemblies.
- Assess cost effectiveness of equipment and processes, tracking actual costs relative to bids.
- Consult with clients, vendors or personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase component
- Follows job from estimate to invoicing, to ensure job ships on time.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractor
- Update documents such as Quote Log, Job Schedule and Job Traveler Form to ensure available data is up to date.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and safety rules. Conducts self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner.
- Notify customer when material is available for pick up. If delivering to customer, arrange trucking through internal resources. May require completion of necessary paperwork such as packing slips and bill of lading.
Three to five
years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and
Ability to read
and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
Ability to write
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume.
understand measurements in both metric and imperial (mm and inches.)
Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists.
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or
Ability to read
and comprehend mechanical blueprints.
Database software, Internet software, Estimating software, Word and EXCEL.
have current driver’s license to travel to various customer locations and job
sites or be able to provide own transportation.
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands
and arms, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and
facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Employees must request assistance and use appropriate
equipment when necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle, enters and moves about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.