Reports To: Vice President
The Project Manager has total responsibility for managing projects from start to finish. This position is responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Supports the achievement of established sales and financial objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains relationships with existing customers, develops relationships with new customers and prospects for new business.
- Manages all resources to ensure that the customers receive finished product in accordance with all contractual obligations.
- Develops and maintains pre-construction and construction schedules.
- Establishes a Project Team to deliver a project on time, within budget, that meets the customers’ expectations.
- Oversees project to ensure quality of work and adherence to budget, timeline and specifications.
- Negotiates contracts.
- Ability to maintain and develop professional relationship with clients and general contractors oversee multiple projects and coordinate with site supervisor or project foremen.
- Facilitates the obtaining of all required municipal approvals.
- Prepares and processes subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders.
- Maintains RFI log.
- Participates in the review and selection of subcontractors and vendors.
- Manages subcontractors, vendors and verifies all invoices.
- Oversees contract billings, approves subcontractor and supplier invoices to assure propriety and correct cost coding.
- Reviews job cost reports to monitor progress compared to the estimate.
- Prepares and updates profit projections as the job progresses.
- Coordinate required job conferences and prepare meeting minutes.
- Maintains communication and monitors all safety guidelines as established by the company’s safety program.
- Processes shop drawings.
- Works with the project Coordinator.
- Maintains submittal and change order logs.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and safety rules. Conducts self at all times in a professional, ethical and courteous manner as a representative of Company.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, blue prints, correspondence and memos. Demonstrated estimating skills required. Ability to meet strict deadline.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Demonstrated strong communication, computer, and organization skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license required to travel to various customer locations and job sites or be able to provide own transportation.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle and enters and moves about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.