The Electrical Estimator prepares estimates to support project managers in bidding. This position is responsible for ensuring estimates are done on time and supports the achievement of established sales and financial objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and safety rules. Always conducts self in a professional, ethical, and courteous manner as a representative of the Company.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- Database software, Internet software, Estimating software, Accounting software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver’s license to travel to various customer locations and job sites or be able to provide own transportation.
- This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle, enters and moves about job sites and facilities.
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.I , A900_3657_0
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.