Effective Date: 01/01/2021
RSR is seeking an Experienced Journeyman with strong industrial experience. Position would require installation of power and control wiring in various industrial settings. Individual should have good people skills, the ability to lead people and oversee projects from start to finish. Individual will be responsible for representing the company well to clients and follow lead of Project Manager or Industrial supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs Switch Gear, transformers & Motor Control Centers
- Runs all types and sizes of electrical conduit. Must be experienced with hydraulic benders up to 4”.
- Installs and trouble shoot AC & DC drives
- Terminates power, control, and instrumentation wire and cable
- Works from various heights via platforms, scaffolds, ladders or man-lifts
- Operates, maintains, and works in close proximity to various power equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, man-lifts, excavators, drills, saws, hydraulic tools and automatic machinery
- Installs & Terminates Data cable.
- Journeymen electrician with 5 years experience in an industrial installation, power and control environment or related experience.
- Knowledge of 120/208, & 277/480V Single & 3Ph systems
- Understands of schematics, ladder diagrams, and Electrical prints.
- knowledge of the NEC (National Electrical Code) and OSHA safety standards
- Experience with Medium Voltage systems
- Knowledge of VFD installation & programming.
- Ability to troubleshoot and layout work from prints and schematics.
- Knowledge of PLC programming is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license required to travel to various job sites or ability or provide own transportation for necessary job function.
This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb to heights as necessary, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear.
- Ability to frequently enter and exit vehicles, enter and move about job sites and facilities.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- Ability to occasionally handle moderate to loud noise levels.
- Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent exposure to moving equipment, electricity and fumes.
- Work both inside and outside in hot and cold varying weather conditions.
- Travel to on site work locations.
- Frequent exposure to entering and exiting vehicles.
- Noise levels may be moderate to loud at times.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.