Job Title: Industrial Electrician
Reports To: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: 01/19/2019
RSR is seeking an Experienced Journeyman with strong industrial experience. Position would require installation of power and control wiring in various industrial settings. Individual should have good people skills, the ability to lead people and oversee projects from start to finish. Individual will be responsible for representing the company well to clients and follow lead of Project Manager or Industrial supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Installs Switch Gear, transformers & Motor Control Centers
2. Runs all types and sizes of electrical conduit. Must be experienced with hydraulic benders up to 4”.
3. Installs and trouble shoot AC & DC drives
4. Terminates power, control, and instrumentation wire and cable
5. Works from various heights via platforms, scaffolds, ladders or man-lifts
6. Operates, maintains, and works in close proximity to various power equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, man-lifts, excavators, drills, saws, hydraulic tools and automatic machinery
7. Installs & Terminates Data cable.
Journeymen electrician with 5 years experience in an industrial installation, power and control environment or related experience.
Knowledge of 120/208, & 277/480V Single & 3Ph systems
Understands of schematics, ladder diagrams, and Electrical prints.
knowledge of the NEC (National Electrical Code) and OSHA safety standards
Experience with Medium Voltage systems
Knowledge of VFD installation & programming.
Ability to troubleshoot and layout work from prints and schematics.
Knowledge of PLC programming is a plus.
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle, enters and moves about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.