Job Title: Service
Status: Non – Exempt
RSR Electric is seeking journeyman
electricians to work in a growing electrical company specializing in
Commercial, industrial, and Institutional settings. Individual should have the
ability to troubleshoot, install and plan work. Qualified individual should
have good communication and customer service skills. Individual to work
independently or with others under the supervision of service Manager. Projects
would be primarily commercial and industrial service work, and small to
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- 5 Years commercial, industrial or institutional experience
- Knowledge of 120/208, & 277/480V
Single & 3Ph systems
- Must have knowledge of the NEC
(National Electrical Code)
- Must practice safe work practices
and have knowledge of NFPA70E & OSHA standards.
- Work from various heights via
platforms, scaffolds, ladders or man-lifts
- Ability to install & terminate
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to install MC Cable, EMT,
PVC, IMC or GRC conduit.
- Ability to layout and install
electrical components according to electrical drawings.
- Understanding of basic electrical theory and electrical
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems in electrical circuits,
systems, and equipment.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
with good decision-making skills.
- Operates any hand tools and equipment necessary to perform
all associated tasks.
- Knowledge of data and communication wiring, termination and
- Operate safety equipment
and use safe work habits.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety
- Conduct self at all times in a professional, ethical and
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience
Graduation from high school. Minimum of 6 years related experience (beyond
Journey Electrician), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two
years of supervisory experience.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence
and memos. Ability to write
correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,
clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram or schedule form.
Must have current driver’s license
to travel to various locations and job sites or be able to provide own
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb to
heights as necessary, balance, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job
sites and facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must
request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to moving equipment, electricity, fumes, hot and cold inside
and outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle and enters and moves
about job sites and facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be
moderate to loud at times.