The Business Development Manager is responsible for continuous development, implementation and execution of sales initiatives. This individual will be responsible for a comprehensive internal and external sales and marketing plan that will increase revenues and profits. They will help create processes and procedures to support the department and individuals within it while upholding the mission and values established by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Management to maintain and plan approaches and tactics to expand business relationships with existing customers, identify and develop relationships with new customers and prospects for new business.
- Identifies decision makers within the organizations of potential new business, while working in conjunction with Management, to determine what markets should be sought out and focused on.
- Builds market position and achieves financial growth by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships.
- Manages resources to ensure that the customers receive finished product in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Implements the recommendations of processes for department improvement in order to generate sales.
- Maintains processes and procedures for Business Development department.
- Participates and leads meetings with other staff, as requested.
- Develops and maintains a marketing budget.
- Performs market research and analysis.
- Has the ability to cold call, attend applicable trade shows, conferences, professional organizations, conduct presentations and accurately depict what Viocity Group does as well as be able to determine what may be of interest to the organizations as possible future work.
- Enhances existing client relations by presenting new opportunities and services.
- Assists Management with researching new equipment for various manufacturing processes when requested.
- Creates weekly reports to demonstrate individuals/firms that are being contacted, met with as well as a brief summary of meetings that were held during the week – reports should be circulated to Management.
- Furnishes marketing advice, counsel and general staff support to all departments within the organization(s).
- Evaluates operational issues to determine how competitive and current it is with the latest trends in the industry.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
- Assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development. Develops marketing campaigns for new products and services. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each.
- Reviews current marketing plans and communication materials used to generate sales.
- Makes recommendations for improvement on processes related to the marketing plans and communication materials.
- Manages specific corporate marketing programs. Develops brochures or other print or electronic ads to market corporate services.
- Periodically reviews social media websites and make recommendations to Management for updates or changes that may be needed.
- Is responsible for assisting with recruitment and orientation when the position to be filled pertains to the jobs directly reporting to this position, as requested by Management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from customers.
- Assists in determining what market segments are desirable in regards to future work.
- Measures the success of operations and make recommendations for improvements.
1. Business Acumen.
2. Strategic Thinking.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Financial Management.
5. Customer/Client Focus.
6. Communication Proficiency.
7. Time Management.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Five to seven years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, employees, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have;
- Knowledge of Database software, Internet software, Manufacturing software, Project Management software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver’s license to travel to various customer locations and job sites or be able to provide own transportation.
- This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk. reach with hands and arms, climb to heights as necessary to inspect projects, balance, enter and exit vehicle, enter and move about job sites and customer facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear.
- Frequent ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Frequent ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Exposure to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle, enters and moves about job sites and customer facilities.
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.