The Accounts Payable position for Viocity Group will update and maintain the accounts payable files, keeping them in a current state at all times; across all divisions. This includes processing invoices, resolving issues / differences with vendors, assisting with payments, etc. The individual in this position must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, work in a multi-company environment, and must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment while understanding that urgency and accuracy are paramount to the success of the department. The Accounts Payable individual will have a comprehensive understanding of Word and Excel functions and must possess excellent communication, data entry and problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to work in a multi-company setting and within all companies of Viocity Group.
- Sets up vendor files within software system and file drawers.
- Assembles, reviews and verifies invoices and check requests.
- Flags, clarifies, and resolves any unusual or questionable invoice items, prices, or other verbiage with the vendor.
- Scans packing lists, sorts, codes and matches invoices for staffing agencies, medical insurance carriers, equipment orders, etc.
- Enters invoices into software.
- Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks and / or credit card payments.
- Back-up for job entry.
- Assists Purchasing with blanket PO’s and receiving.
- Assists with month end closing.
- Provides supporting documentation for audits.
- Maintains accurate historical records.
- Maintains confidentiality of organizational information.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Always conducts self in a professional, ethical, and courteous manner as a representative of Viocity Group and the companies it represents.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Two (2) years’ experience working in a general accounting work environment. Previous experience in an AP role a plus.
• High level of confidentiality is required
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures
• Proficient in data entry and management
• Excellent multi-tasking skills, and demonstrated self-directed work ethic are required
• Proficient in Word and Excel, accounting software (Viewpoint software is a plus).
• Must have good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must have listening/interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and able to be a team player when necessary.
Applicants interested in any listed position will be sent a full job description upon applying.
Viocity Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Viocity Group.